In case any of you were on Paleo for longer than 6 months and experienced some un-explained hair loss that eventually went away, i guess this is article to you. And of course to all the reset of the paleo community.
I am on paleo for about 6 months myself, and for about few weeks i have been experiencing hair loss that is greater than normal.
Regards to this i need to note two things: first – the hair that still are growing and the hair that do fall out are two different qualities of the thread, second- for about 3 months ago i went off pill.
As i am on the way of loosing my 14th kg in following month and not experiencing any other heath issues rather than hair loss, i was bit puzzled. There are different kinds of information about this on the web, so anyone can research themselves. But there are things that i do know:
- my finger nails are strong and healthy and growing better as they ever did
- my skin is glowing and eczema is nearly all cleared up
- hunger is under control and i can myself know how and what to eat instead of overeating unhealthy stuff
- mood swings are completely gone and i feel more optimistic and laugh more often also
- mental stability is great, i am focused and can resolve complex issues basically any time of the day
- stress is under control also, and if it is getting too much, i know how to handle it, instead of loosing the grip and falling all over the place
- weigh loss without starving, plus cellulite is going also
- dental health-since paleo starting i didnt have any cavities, not a single one -first time in like 15years!
- sleep is great, that was also problem for me to stay asleep all night before paleo
What information i did find that appeals to my situation the most is that instead of the weak, dead hair the new stronger hair are growing and pushing them out.
One thing I read a while back was that when people aren’t eating enough protein, their hair basically dies and stops growing. Then when they are eating right again a new hair pushes the old one out. So they think that the food they are currently eating is the cause of the hair loss, when actually it was the preceeding diet and really their hair is growing again now.
This was quote from http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70446.html and it could much appeal to my situation, since all the hair that do fall out are weak and thin, but ones that are still growing are strong and shiney.
Hope this hair loss would stop in a month or so. But anyways, since hair is not essential for the overall body health, as so is the nails, i guess body just kind of leaves thouse parts behind, and instead clears out all the problems in the gut first. Now its just got to fixing my hair.
Good day to all my paleo friends!